Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Preparing complete quantity take-offs, analysis, estimate, and studies for all items incorporated in the assigned scope.
- Working with Operations staff and fellow estimators to ensure that General Conditions and General Requirement items are properly addressed in the estimate.
- Preparing and assembling bids and proposals for different contract types (Lump Sum, Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP), Cost Plus, etc.)
- Developing a value analysis by defining alternatives to the proposed scope that are more cost-efficient.
- Performing a constructability analysis through the identification of design and constructability issues.
- Serving as liaison with subcontractors, design team (architects, engineers, consultants) and client.
- Preparing detailed estimate of entire scope of assigned trades, building system, and/or overall project cost.
- Analyzing existing site conditions and all contract documents (plans specifications, etc.) to determine any required scope that is not indicated.
- Preparing scope requisitions for assigned trades; coordinating with fellow estimators to eliminate scope gaps and overlaps.
- Obtaining and evaluating subcontractor proposals relative to their scope of work.
- Making recommendations to the Chief Estimator for contemplated expenditures.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering preferred
- Minimum of three (3) Years of estimating experience
- Experience with estimating software and AutoCAD programs
- Exceptional deadline management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills