Terminal Construction Corporation is looking for people to fill the following positions.
Please apply for the position with a resume and cover letter, attention Donald N. Dinallo, President and CEO
Fax: (201) 507-2957
Salary commensurate with experience.
- Prepare take-offs and pricing for all disciplines of work.
- Responsible for all aspects of estimating including pre-construction, hard bids, negotiated bids, budgets, general conditions, value engineering and subcontractor bidding. Maintain contact with subcontractors.
- Review, interpret, and accurately estimate scopes of work as described in the project documents. Pricing of items that have been taken off, including self-performed work.
- Advanced knowledge of construction practices and procedures for projects involving all disciplines including earthwork, concrete and interior finishes.
- Education: 4-year Civil Engineering degree preferred.
FIELD ENGINEERS (In the following disciplines: Civil, Structural, Mechanical and Electrical)
Reports to the Project Engineer. Obtain, evaluate, coordinate, and distribute the information and authorizations needed to construct all disciplines in the project on time, within budget, and to the quality specified.
For our on site field office locations at Mt. Laurel, NJ and Trenton, NJ locations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review all drawings and specifications and ensure they properly relate to the estimate.
- Obtain information and approvals required from the owner, architect, and engineers for the timely processing of shop drawings.
- Prepare contract item list for components of all disciplines.
- Establish and maintain document control procedures as directed by the Project Engineer.
- Coordinate all trades on a master coordination set of drawings securing the approval of the architects and engineers.
- Ensure that materials and equipment are released for fabrication in a timely manner so as to conform to the project schedule.
- Manage project closeout, secure all guarantees, warranties required for acceptance and handover of all contractual items of work.
- Maintain EEO compliances.
- Perform other duties as required and assigned.
Four-year college degree with at least two (2) years of formal engineering training and at least two (2) years of building field construction experience required. Knowledge of estimating, construction costs, scheduling, purchasing, and engineering principals and techniques, of all general contract and subcontract documents, drawings and specifications. A basic understanding of accounting and cost control procedures. Strong computer skills and a familiarity with Microsoft office suite of programs and Google applications. Applicant must have a team oriented mindset and posses the ability to multi-task. Knowledge of Prolog Manager and Primavera scheduling desirable.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT – FIELD OFFICE
Full-time position available for Administrative Assistant for general construction company’s on site field office located in Trenton, New Jersey
- Provide office support to Project Manager and Project Engineer
- Answer incoming calls and direct calls to appropriate person or voicemail and/or take detailed messages
- Perform general administrative duties including, but not limited to preparing documents, creating spreadsheets, compiling reports, copying, faxing and scanning
- Compose reports, letters and memos for Project Manager and/or Project Engineer’s review and signature
- Process contracts, claims, change orders, and monthly billings as needed
- Sort and distribute mail; prepare outgoing mail and packages
- Maintain inventory of all office supplies and replenish as needed
- Act as liaison between subcontractors and Project Engineer and Project Manager
- High School Diploma or equivalent a must
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs and Google applications
- Ability to multi-task and handle changing priorities in fast paced work environment
- Strong organizational skills required
- Courteous, professional and diplomatic demeanor as communication with Owner, Architects, Engineers and Subcontractors is essential
- Experienced only -- construction experience is a plus